Organic Walker Broadleaf Tobacco Seed – 20 Count
Walker's Broadleaf Tobacco Plant Seeds - 20 Seeds
This is an older variety that was originated in Virginia. The leaves are closely spaced on the stalk and are wider than most varieties. Provides a large bounty of tobacco in a very small space.
Makes a wonderful planting for the garden, window box, or pot. Very easy to tend, flowers wonderfully and has the broadest leaves of any tobacco plant.
This heirloom tobacco plant will provide you with plenty of visual appeal, and original taste if you process it for smoking. Cures to a light brown with a rich, full bodied flavor.
Grown with no chemicals, and packaged untreated, the seed is delivered to you with no additives, chemicals, or in any way adulterated.
General Description: Probably no other plant is used as much for so little to be known about it as is the noble tobacco plant. While everyone is familiar with the smoking and chewing products derived from this plant, few people realize its many other uses. It has medicinal values, makes an extremely valuable ornamental plant and flower garden specimen and is used to make one of nature's finest biodegradable, all natural pesticides.
Nicotiana is the genus of annual and perennial herbs and, more rarely, shrubs of the nightshade family. Plants have sticky, hairy, foliage and are toxic, in large quantity. The flowers are trumpet shaped and white, yellow, green, pink orange or violet. Most varieties grow well in large containers outside or indoors in direct sunlight or artificial light. Planting in your garden will help attract beneficial ecology to your garden.
Nicotine production by all tobacco plants can be harvested to make a totally organic and natural pesticide.
Tobacco for personal consumption is limited to just under an acre; per non-commercial grower; for individual or family consumption. You could easily grow 400-500 plants that can yield approximately 10.5 or more ounces of cured tobacco each. A pound of cured tobacco can make up to 900 cigarettes, 300-500 cigars, and 1-2 pounds of chewing tobacco. There are approximately 30 leaves to a pound.
Height: 4 - 6 ft. (Varies do to location, soil, water, sun, and other conditions.)
Spacing: 18 - 24 inches, optimal for home growing conditional.
Hardiness May be grown in all zones in the USA and Canada, care must be taken in the northern zones to ensure no frost damage when starting. Tobacco plants are a perineal, however, in most North & South America, Europe, and Asian location grow this as an annual. If planting in a planter/pot, or in a greenhouse, treat as perineal. If planting outdoors where even mild frosts occur, the plant will only be annual. Only in USDA Zone 9b and above can the tobacco plant be planted and treated as a perineal in outdoor locations.
Sun: Sun to Partial Shade
Bloom Color: Varies from White/Near White, Reddish, Purplish, Creamy Yellow, and Orange – variable, color does not indicate tobacco quality.
Bloom Time: Mid-Summer to Late Summer/Early Fall
Foliage: Chartreuse to Yellow. (Very dependent upon soil conditions.)
Water: Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not over water
Soil: 6.1 to 7.8
Propagation: From seed; sow indoors before last frost or from seed; direct sow after last frost
"Tobacco was probably the most well known plant in the Americas from pre-colonial time onward. This was a very different tobacco from that commercially available today (Nicotiana bigbucks). Tobacco was used for hundreds of generations and virtually every Native American tribe used tobacco; as an offering to the spirits when planting or gathering food, for healings and for ceremonies. The sacred uses of tobacco are different for many tribes but a basic truth remains, Tobacco was medicine, used for prayer, protection, respect and healings. In many Indian rituals, ceremonies, and religious observances, tobacco was the unifying thread of communication between humans and the spiritual powers. Tobacco also sealed peace treaties between tribes and agreements between individuals. For such a purpose, the chief often kept a special pipe with a long decorated stem, "Peace Pipes". It was an important Shamanic tool throughout the Amazon. Used alone for its entheotic powers or sometimes smoked during Ayahuasca ceremonies or added to the brew. The smoke itself was thought to be sacred and purifying, and tobacco was often burned to purify and protect, even if not inhaled."
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.