Organic Pale Ghost Pumpkin Seeds - 8 Seeds
Organic Pale Ghost Pumpkin Seeds
Ghost Pumpkin, Pale Pumpkin, Ghost Rider Pumpkin, Albino Pumpkin, Starry Night Pumpkin, Worchester Pumpkin
Description: A thick skinned, large, oblate (Upright oval) pumpkin. Great for cooking, pies, and carving. The skin is not bright white, but a shade off in the color of Cream to slightly Pink-Orangish. Ghost pumpkins can add a splash of brightness to your pumpkin patch.
Fruit: Up to 18 to 24 inches tall and 12 to 14 inches around, oblate in shape (Upright Oval)
Fruit Color: Creamy White to Pinkish-Orange
Day to Maturity: 105 days
USDA Zone: All USDA Zones in USA and Canada
Growth Rate: Rapid to very rapid.
Plant Height and Width: 18 to 24 inches (45 to 60 cm) Height and width dependent on planting location, soil, sun, water, competition, and nutrition available for the pumpkin plant.
Leaves: Large to very large
Leaf Color: Green, fuzzy, may cause irritation in those sensitive.
Sun: Full Sun to very lightly dappled shade.
Soil: Most soils, it is best to amended soil with compost, soil that is loamy, loose, and high in organic material.
Soil pH: 5.5 to 7.6 pH
Water: Pumpkins are very thirsty plants and need lots of water. Water one inch per week. Water deeply, especially during fruit set, times of drought, or other stressors. When watering, try to keep foliage and fruit dry unless it’s a very sunny day with wind. Dampness will make rot and other diseases more likely.
Site and Preparation: Pick a site with full sun (to very light shade) and lots of space for sprawling vines. Vine varieties need 50 to 100 square feet per hill. However, if your garden space is limited, no worries! Plant pumpkins at the edge of the garden and direct vine growth across the lawn or sidewalk. The vines will only be bothersome for a few weeks. You can also grow pumpkins in big 5 to 10-gallon (Or larger) buckets! Alternatively, you can try miniature varieties. Pumpkins are big feeders. They prefer very rich soil that is well-drained and not too soggy. Mix lots of compost and aged mature into the planting site before you sow seeds or transplant. Learn more about soil amendments and preparing soil for planting. Do not plant this tender vegetable until all danger of frost has passed and the soil is warmed, as the seedlings will be injured or rot.
Planting and sowing: Plant seeds in rows or “pumpkin hills,” which are the size of small pitcher mounds. With hills, the soil will warm more quickly and the seeds will germinate faster. This also helps with drainage and pest control. Plant the seeds 1 inch deep into the hills (4 to 5 seeds per hill). Space hills 4 to 8 feet apart. Wait until the plant soil is 70` F or more before sowing seeds. Optimum soil temperature is over 75` F. Pumpkins are very sensitive to the cold.
Community Planting: Plants with all other garden plants. When the plants are 2 to 3 inches tall, thin to 2 to 3 plants per hill by snipping off unwanted plants without disturbing the roots of the remaining ones.
Fertilizers and Feeding: Pumpkins are very heavy feeders. Regular treatments of manure or compost mixed with water will sustain good growth. Fertilize on a regular basis. Use well composted material in early plant growth. Fertilize when plants are about one foot tall, just before vines begin to run. Switch over to an organic fertilizer high in phosphorous just before the blooming period.
Propagation: Exclusively from seed. If your growing season is very short, seed indoors in peat pots about 2 to 4 weeks before last spring frost. Be sure to harden off before transplanting.
Spacing and Depth: 8 to 10 feet (2.4 to 3 meters)
Harvesting: Allow fruit to ripen on stem, when knob at top of pumpkin turns, it is time to harvest. Your best bet is to harvest pumpkins when they are mature. They will keep best this way. Do not pick pumpkins off the vine because they have reached your desired size. If you want small pumpkins, buy a small variety. When you thumb the pumpkin, the rind will feel hard and it will sound hollow. Press your nail into the pumpkin’s skin; if it resists puncture, it is ripe. To harvest the pumpkin, cut the fruit off the vine carefully with a sharp knife or pruners; do not tear. Be sure not to cut too close to the pumpkin; a liberal amount of stem (3 to 4 inches) will increase the pumpkin’s keeping time.
Discussion: Gardeners who are looking for a “prize for size” pumpkin might select the two or three prime candidates and remove all other fruit and vines. As the fruit develops, they should be turned (with great care not to hurt the vine or stem) to encourage an even shape. Pumpkins are tender from planting to harvest. Control weeds with mulch. Do not over cultivate, or their very shallow roots may be damaged. Pumpkin vines, though obstinate, are very delicate. Take care not to damage vines, which reduces the quality of fruit.
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.