Thai Shell Peruvian Blue Opal Quartz Gemstone Necklace Handmade OOAK
CARIBBEAN DREAMS is so very aptly named, a necklace that sings the songs of the beautiful islands. This gorgeous handmade, one of a kind (OOAK) necklace is created a Thai Hill Tribes fine silver nautilus shell pendant, Peruvian blue opals, quartz and sterling silver. Created by Catherine of Shadow Dog Designs, this gemstone necklace will add a touch of island sophistication to many outfits.
+ Thai shell pendant: app. 22 mm x 12 mm
+ Peruvian blue opal: app. 12 mm x 6 mm
+ Quartz: app. 4 mm
+ Metal: fine silver (pendant) and sterling silver (the rest)
+ Clasp: patterned s-clasp; sterling silver
+ Length: app. 18" / 45.7 cm
+ Pendant drop: app. 0.9" / 2.4 cm
What a beautiful piece the Thai Hill Tribes nautilus shell pendant is, such incredible detail! The pendant is handmade by the Karen Hill Tribe in the mountains of Thailand out of fine silver using traditional methods. Because each piece is individually handmade, no two are exactly alike. Nature influences the artisans of the Karen Hill Tribe - they live hand in hand with the jungle and are greatly influenced by it. To read more information about Thai silver, please see below.
Peruvian blue opal is a relatively rare gemstone, only only found in the Andes mountains near San Patricio, Peru. It is the national stone of Peru. The Peruvian blue opal used in the CARIBBEAN DREAMS necklace is an incredible Caribbean blue color, so reminiscent of the glorious waters off of Anguilla, St. Martin and more. The stones are soft faceted nuggets that catch and reflect the light as the necklace is worn.
To add even more sparkle to the necklace, like the sun reflection off water, crystal clear AAA quartz rounds separate the Peruvian blue opal stones. I wish you could see how the quartz captures the light and then reflects it - soooo pretty! Sterling silver 2mm beads separate each type of stone in CARIBBEAN DREAMS. To finish the necklace perfectly, a beautiful patterned sterling s-clasp was used.
***Thai Hill Tribe fine silver is made by the Karen Hill Tribe high in the mountains of Thailand using traditional techniques. Because they live so close to nature, a majority of Hill Tribe designs have nature-inspired or symbolic designs. Fine silver has a higher silver content than sterling silver - it can be up to 99% pure as opposed to sterling silver which is 92.5% pure silver. Because of the higher silver content, fine silver has a beautiful "old" glow to it and does not tarnish as quickly as sterling silver does.
Peruvian Blue Opals are said to be a stone of love and gentleness; they also help the wearer find the "right action" throughout life. Quartz is said to be the universal healing stone and promotes hope, happiness and optimism while awakening the wearer to the beauty of nature. Silver is a metal of love and healing; it is a mirror to the soul, helping us to see ourselves as others see us.
CARIBBEAN DREAMS will come with two informational drop tags: one with the piece's name; the other lists the materials used in the necklace and the language of the stones and metals.
Matching earrings to CARIBBEAN DREAMS can be purchased separately. Please check my studio.
***Please be aware that not all monitors show colors exactly the same. The colors of the items used to create my jewelry are extremely close to the actual color on my monitor. The colors may appear lighter or darker on your monitor.
Shadow Dog Designs
Unique Handmade Jewelry
for the Discerning Woman
Quality items and customer satisfaction are very important to me. If you have questions or would like additional information on any item, please email me and I will do my best to answer any question.
I ship out next day - sometimes even same day!
My preferred way of payment is through PayPal or ProPay.
Note: You DO NOT need a PayPal Account to pay for your items through PayPal: Choose the PayPal Option during checkout. After you have submitted your order, click the "Pay Now" button. Scroll down and you will see the option to pay with a Credit or Debit Card WITHOUT having to sign up for a PayPal account. Payment must be made in full and have cleared before the item is shipped.
I accept checks and money orders, but the item will not be shipped until the payment has cleared.
In the event of non-payment with no return communication, the transaction will be canceled and I will relist the jewelry.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
I guarantee my work - my good name rests on quality workmanship. I want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If you are not, please email me within 14 days of receiving your jewels to discuss a refund or exchange. If you decide to return the item for whatever reason, it must be returned with delivery confirmation. Once the item is received in its original condition, the full cost of the item will be refunded to you, via your Paypal account or through other means as discussed, minus the cost of shipping. Customer pays return shipping. If your piece is being lengthened, shortened, repaired, or exchanged, I will pay shipping back to you.
I love working with people to create that perfect one-of-a-kind piece that speaks to them. Please email me and I'll be glad to start the process. If you are interested in a piece of jewelry that has sold, I will do my best to make something similar (but not exactly since all of my designs are one-of-a-kind). I require a 50% non-refundable deposit of the agreed upon final price (excluding shipping) for custom orders. I will not begin a piece until the deposit is made.
All jewelry is carefully packaged in an organza drawstring pouch, making the purchase perfect for gift giving. If you would prefer a jewelry box, please let me know - I will be glad to use a box at no extra charge. The jewels are then wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a padded envelope or a cardboard box, depending on the size.
Please notify me if your shipping address is different than your PayPal address.
All Domestic orders will be shipped USPS First Class mail within 24 hours of receiving payment, although I often ship same day, depending on when the order is received. Shipping also includes delivery confirmation at no extra charge. If the total amount is over $60.00, I will self-insure the package at no extra charge to you for peace of mind. When your jewels are shipped, I will email you to let you know they are on the way.
I will be happy to ship by USPS Priority Mail if you would like your purchase mailed that way. Please let me know in the notes to the seller at checkout. A new invoice for the difference in shipping will be sent to you.
***If you live within 15 miles of me, I will be glad to deliver your order. You will receive a refund of the shipping cost. Please email me and we can work out the specifics :)
INTERNATIONAL shipping costs vary country to country and are set by the USPS.
Please contact me for a shipping quote if your country is not listed in my shipping profile
Depending on the country, I can ship Priority Mail International - the average cost for a small flat rate box is approximately $36.00. This does include tracking. I can look up the exact price - please contact me if you are interested in your package being shipped by Priority Mail.
For INTERNATIONAL buyers:
Orders that are shipped to countries outside of the U.S. may be subject to VAT fees, import taxes, customs duties, etc. levied by the destination country ("Import Fees"). We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. If you need to know what import or VAT taxes your country will charge you in advance of your purchase, please consult your Post Office or government tax office.
Just know that all charges related to customs duties and clearance are the responsibility of the buyer.
Please note that I declare the actual value for customs. Please do not ask me to declare your purchase as a gift as I could be held criminally liable for falsifying customs forms.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Indiemade to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as postal/delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Catherine Waterhouse of Shadow Dog Designs, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: ShadowDogDesigns@yahoo.com.