ArtFire Help Center
The CSV Item Importer Posted On: 08/21/2012 Last Updated: 08/16/2016
The CSV Importer
The ArtFire CSV Importer can import item data from any properly formatted CSV; this is a change from the previous importer that only worked with CSV's from an Etsy shop. This beneficial seller tool is available on our monthly subscription level plans. To upgrade from our Per Item plan to one of our monthly subscription plans, you can visit the Change Plan page at any time.
Where do I get my CSV file from Etsy?
To download your listing data:
- Sign into your Etsy account, click Your Shop > Shop Settings > Options.
- Click the Download Data tab.
- Click the Download CSV button to save the file to your computer.
To use the CSV Importer:
- Go to the Draft Items page
- Press the "Upload CSV" button found in the upper right corner
- Select your CSV from the file browse window
- To move an item from your Draft Items page into your shop you'll need to edit it and add any required information that's missing. Categories and Shipping are the info sections that are most commonly missing.
- If your import remains processing after 24 hours and has not loaded any items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support on your import.
Once you've uploaded your CSV, ArtFire will immediately begin processing its contents. The total time it takes to process your CSV will depend on how many items are being imported. When the importer has finished processing your CSV you'll get a message at the top of your Draft Items page telling you how many items were imported.
How to Properly Format a CSV
If you're importing from Etsy your CSV will already be formatted correctly. Non-Etsy CSV's can be imported, however, they should be formatted as closely as possible to the format used by Etsy which is:
Note: If your CSV file has "VARIATIONS" columns, it it best to remove them to ensure successful import.
- TITLE - Between 25-70 characters.
- DESCRIPTION - Between 15-8000 characters.
- PRICE - Numbers only
- CURRENCY_CODE - not required, if code isn't USD prices are converted to USD automatically on import. Exchange rates may be up to 8 hours old. See list of supported currency codes below.
- QUANTITY - Integers only
- TAGS - Comma separated
- MATERIALS - Comma seperated
- IMAGE1(1 - 5) - Must be direct link to a file (url ending in .jpg .png or .gif)
To ensure the best results please ensure the same number of columns is used for each item. Problems may arise, for instance, if you try to import a different number of images for each item.
List of supported currency codes for importing: AED, ARS, AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KRW, MAD, MXN, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR